What to do during the eruption
All people in the red zone either independently settled outside the risk zones or have been transferred to the twinned regions or autonomous provinces.
If you live in the yellow zone
- In case of heavy volcanic ash fallout, on request of the civil protection authorities, you must temporarily leave your home. An accommodation will be assigned to you within your Municipality or in a Municipality within the Campania Region.
- Before drinking water from the tap, make sure that local ordinances or notices do not forbid it; carefully rinse foods that have been in contact with volcanic ash.
- It is very dangerous to drive on road covered with ash. The car can be damaged and hinder emergency vehicles. Avoid the use of motorcycles.
- If your residential area has not been evacuated during the volcanic ash fall, stay at home with the windows closed.
- If you have to go out, it is recommended to wear a protective mask and dustproof glasses.
- Keep yourself constantly informed about the instructions given by the authorities through radio, television, internet, social media and toll-free numbers.