What to do in pre-alarm
During this operational phase, the longest and most complex operations to be carried out in the red zone begin: relocation of people in hospitals and prisons, transfer of farm animals and securing the most important cultural assets.
If you live in the red zone
If you already want to move away at this stage, you can do so: you will receive a financial contribution from the State. In this case, be sure to inform your Municipality.
If you decide to stay, be ready to leave as soon as the authorities advise you:
- Make a list of essential things to bring with you (documents, medicines, glasses, etc.).
- Be informed about removal routes to follow.
- If you plan to use the means made available by the civil protection, inform your Municipality also signaling the presence of pets to organize the transport.
- In case of not have done so yet, inform your Municipality if you or a family member have special needs for assistance.
- If you or a family member are hospitalized in a health center, you will be transferred to another adequate health center outside the area at risk, which can be located in a region other than the one twinned with your Municipality.
- Remember that at this stage, for safety reasons the access to the red zone will be controlled.
If you live in the yellow zone
- Make sure you are equipped with protective masks, dust glasses, food, water, medicine, torches and ash removal tools.
- If you or a family member have respiratory or cardiovascular disease, please consult your doctor to find out how to protect your health in case of an emergency situation.